Iris 'Blue King'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: pale lavender and white
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause severe discomfort if ingested; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Ravishing, rich purple-blue, ruffled flowers with yellow markings appear in May and June above the slender, strap-shaped leaves. This stately Siberian iris is perfect for providing vertical interest in a sunny border with well-drained, fertile soil. A relatively tall variety it's important to stake the branched stems with bamboo canes in early spring well before the flowers appear.
- Garden care: Plant shallowly with the upper part of the rhizome sitting on the surface of the soil, incorporating a low-nitrogen fertiliser in the planting hole. After planting remove the upper-most third of the leaves to minimise the incidence of wind rock. In exposed areas stake with bamboo canes in early spring.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.