Ipomoea nil 'Grandpa Ott'
20% off selected flower seeds
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: rich purple and plum
- Other features: mid-green leaves; the seeds are highly toxic if ingested
- Hardiness: tender annual
Throughout the summer, this annual climber produces a continous supply of eye-catching, trumpet-shaped flowers in sumptuous shades of rich purple and plum, which open in the morning and last for just one day. Fast-growing and very decorative, it is attractive to bees and other beneficial insects, and is ideal for covering a pergola or wall in a sunny, sheltered site.
- Garden care:Soak the seeds in water for 24 hours before sowing to soften them up and then plant 2.5mm deep into small pots filled with a freely draining compost. Keep them at around 20°C and water when necessary. Thin out carefully when large enough to handle taking care not to damage the roots and harden off before planting out after all frosts.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 30 seeds.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.