Hypericum x inodorum Magical Pumpkin ('Kolmapuki')
St. John's wort
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to October
- Other features: pointed orange berries
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Yellow flowers are produced in profusion from midsummer to mid-autumn and when these have faded, large pointed orange berries develop. A new, rust-tolerant cultivar, it makes a vibrant addition to patio pots and borders.
- Garden care: After flowering lightly trim back shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant. After pruning apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.