- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil or John Innes No2 with a little added grit
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: white
- Hardiness: tender (will need winter protection)
Long strap-shaped leaves form a tall tuft from which the upright stems emerge in spring. These are topped with small clusters of white, scented blooms, each with a white daffodil-like cup, surrounded by 6 slender, curled petals (tepals). An exotic-looking addition to the mixed or jungle border, this evergreen bulbous perennial will also be happy in a medium-sized pot.
- Garden care: Plant the bulbs with their neck and shoulders above soil level and keep in bright, filtered light. When the foliage starts to appear, mist occasionally with water to increase the surrounding humidity and water regularly. These plants are tender so temperatures must be kept above 15C at all times. In summer they can be planted out into the border, but they should be lifted and stored under glass during the colder months and protected from excessive winter wet.
There are currently no articles for this item.