Hydrangea paniculata 'Tardiva'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August - October
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: the flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Conical clusters of creamy-white flowers in late summer and toothed, mid- to dark green leaves. This delightful, deciduous hydrangea is an excellent specimen plant for a large, sheltered, shrub or mixed border. Later flowering than other varieties, it flourishes in sun or partial shade.
- Garden care:To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cutting back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
Use the following notes as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. I’ve included timely advice on Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, Buddleja, Ceanothus, Clematis, Colutea, Cotinus, Daphne, Eccremocarpus, Elsholtzia, ...Read full article