Hydrangea paniculata Pinky Winky ('Dvppinky') (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Flower colour: white fading to pink
- Other features: the flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The tiny star-like flowers emerge from bud white and gradually fade to pink as they age giving the panicles a distinct two-tone effect. The flower panicles are long, and can reach up to 40cm long, and the sturdy stems hold them erect. Use it as a specimen plant or to create a spectacular flowering hedge.
- Garden care:To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cutting back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant