Hydrangea paniculata 'Kyushu'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August and September
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Other features: the flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Conical clusters of creamy-white flowers from August to September and glossy, toothed, mid to dark green leaves. This vigorous, deciduous hydrangea flourishes in sun or partial shade. Erect in habit it makes an excellent specimen plant for a large shrub or mixed border, sheltered from cold winds.
- Garden care:To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cutting back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
Use the following notes as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. I’ve included timely advice on Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, Buddleja, Ceanothus, Clematis, Colutea, Cotinus, Daphne, Eccremocarpus, Elsholtzia, ...Read full article