Hydrangea macrophylla 'Sheila' (Dutch Ladies Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Other features: contact with the foliage may aggravate skin allergies; the flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Initially bred for the cut-flower market, this lacecap hydrangea also makes a fine specimen for the shrub border, where it will provide lots of late summer colour. The white-eyed sterile flowers turn blush pink in neutral soils or bluish in acidic soils.
- Garden care:To enhance flowering prune in spring, cutting back the flowered stems to a strong pair of buds below each flower-head. Once established, remove a quarter to a third of the old shoots to the base of the plant.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.