Hydrangea macrophylla Magical Coral ('Hokomac') (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: green, turning to pink
- Other features: The flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large rounded flowerheads top the leafy stems from midsummer, initially appearing green, but slowly taking on pink tones as the summer turns to autumn. Valuable plants for the shrub or mixed border where they will provide a long period of interest, usually lasting well into the autumn. Sought after as cut flowers, they also last well if cut and dried.
- Garden care:To enhance flowering prune in spring, cutting back the flowered stems to a strong pair of buds below each flower-head. Once established, remove a quarter to a third of the old shoots to the base of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.