Hydrangea macrophylla Endless Summer Pink ('Bailmer')
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Flower colour: pink (in normal or alkaline soils)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A revolutionary new breakthrough in the horticultural world, the 'Endless Summer' Hydrangeas will produce flowers on both old and new wood. That means that you are almost certainly guaranteed a profusion of flowers from June to October. This is the pink form (they also come in blue and white), although like all the other Hydrangeas, you can alter their flower colour by adding hydrangea colourant or planting in acidic soil.
- Garden care: Leave the old flower heads in place through the winter. As the new shoots start to emerge in spring cut back a third to a quarter of the previous seasons flowering stems to the base and cut back the remaining flower heads to the first pair of buds.
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from...Read full article