Hydrangea Endless Summer Twist-n-Shout ('Piihm-I')
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Flower colour: pink (in normal or alkaline soils)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The latest member of the 'Endless Summer' group of hydrangeas, this cultivar produces masses of pink lacecap flowers for a very long period throughout summer and autumn - usually right up to the first hard frosts. These flowers are held on sturdy, upright, reddish stems and create a really beautiful splash of colour. Ideal for mixed borders, they also cope well in large pots as long as they are kept well watered. In acidic soils, the flower colour will become bluer.
- Garden care: Leave the old flower heads in place through the winter. As the new shoots start to emerge in spring cut back a third to a quarter of the previous seasons flowering stems to the base and cut back the remaining flower heads to the first pair of buds.
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from...Read full article