Hydrangea Endless Summer Blushing Bride ('Blushing Bride')
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Flower colour: white with a pink blush
- Hardiness: fully hardy
First discovered by a nursery worker at Bailey Nurseries in Minnesota USA and hailed by the renowed American horticulturalist, Dr. Michael Dirr as “a horticultural miracle” in his book Hydrangeas for American Garden, this has only recently been introduced her in the UK. So what sets these aside from other Hydrangeas is thay the Endless Summer range can flower on new and old wood. That means you can enjoy the big clusters of white, flushed pink flowers (they also come in blue and pink) from June to October. A fabulous, long flowering addition to the garden, they will also make a great informal hedge.
- Garden care: Leave the old flower heads in place through the winter. As the new shoots start to emerge in spring cut back a third to a quarter of the previous seasons flowering stems to the base and cut back the remaining flower heads to the first pair of buds.
Make the most of over 3000 years of gardening tradition by creating an oriental-style garden. Originally designed as a place for intellectual contemplation and meditation, they are an ideal sanctuary from...Read full article