Hyacinthus orientalis 'Sky Jacket'
garden hyacinth bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: pale blue
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause a mild stomach upset if ingested; contact with the bulbs may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 16/17
The soft pastel shade of the flowers will blend well with soft pinks and white, as well as offering a calming tone to richer purples and plums. They smell divine and make excellent cut flowers.
- Garden care: Pot up and bring indoors if you want them to flower in January, otherwise plant 15cm deep and 10cm apart in a bright spot. For safety reasons always use gloves when handling these bulbs.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Which house plants you choose should depend on the environment you intend to keep them in, the space available, how much time you can spend preening them as well as your personal preference. For me, foliage house plants are the ticket, because they providRead full article