Hyacinthus orientalis 'Blue Pearl' (PBR)
garden hyacinth bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Flower colour: blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size:16/17
Tightly packed flower-heads of scented, bell-shaped blooms appear in March and April above the glossy, strap-like, dark green leaves. These beautiful hyacinths make a fabulously fragrant patio display with spring-flowering pansies and bulbs. Alternatively plant them into your borders to create a colourful spring bedding display.
- Garden care: Pot up and bring indoors if you want them to flower in January, otherwise plant 15cm deep and 10cm apart in a bright spot. For safety reasons always use gloves when handling these bulbs.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Which house plants you choose should depend on the environment you intend to keep them in, the space available, how much time you can spend preening them as well as your personal preference. For me, foliage house plants are the ticket, because they providRead full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article