Heuchera 'Lime Rickey' (PBR) (Rainbow Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist or well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to July
- Flower colour: pure white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A bright and lively variety of these ever popular plants. The new leaves on this one emerge chartreuse green in spring and turn to an acid lime colour throughout the summer. They form loose, evergreen mounds and their colour makes a great contrast to darker greens in the border. The sprays of small white flowers in mid to late summer are a bonus. Try planting them in shadier corners to bring in a bit of light, or pot them up and surround with seasonal bedding for a patio treat.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in early autumn and replant with the crown just above the surface of the soil. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the crown of the plant in spring.
Many flowering plants can be encouraged to produce better and longer-lasting displays with the minimum of effort. A plant produces flowers in order to reproduce and ensure the survival of the species. Once a plant has flowered and fertilisation has...Read full article
The trick to achieving the tropical effect is good preparation and dense planting, vivid foliage, fiery flowers and striking contrasts. The jungle garden is a place for theatrical planning and planting. If you don't have room or the inclination...Read full article