Heuchera 'Green Spice'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: pale pink
- Other features: silver dusted, mauve pink leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Silver-green foliage with deep-plum colured markings around the veins, form pretty, semi-evergreen mounds from which the wiry, branching stems appear bearing small white flowers. This heuchera looks gorgeous planted in groups at the front of a mixed border, or pot it up and place it where its showy foliage canbest be admired.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in early autumn and replant with the crown just above the surface of the soil. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the crown of the plant in spring.
Come the autumn when the flowers may be fading away, and the lipstick-red, sombre-burgundy, orange-peel and mustard-seed foliage is at it's best in the autumn sunshine, green foliage begins to glow, lifting the spirits on the first really cold mornings.Read full article