Christmas rose multibuy
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil including heavy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to February
- Other features: all parts of the plant cause severe discomfort if ingested; the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Low-growing, deeply cut leathery foliage will provide year-round interest at the front of a partially shaded bed or woodland floor. From mid-winter to early spring, sturdy stems carry the white (occasionally pink-flushed) flowers of this Christmas rose.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Cut the old leaves back down to the ground in January or February as this will show off the new emerging flowers to best effect. It will also help to get rid of foliar diseases such as Hellebore leaf spot. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.