Helleborus × hybridus 'White Spotted Lady' (Lady Series)
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to April
- Flower colour: striking white flowers with dark red spots.
- Other features: all parts of the plant cause severe discomfort if ingested; the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pendent or outward-facing, creamy white flowers that are heavily flecked with maroon spots, appear in loose cymes at the ends of the upright, leafy stems. Useful for offering seasonal diversity when used in conjunction with hostas and ferns.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.