Helleborus × hybridus 'Pretty Ellen Pink'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to April
- Flower colour: pink
- Other features: all parts of the plant cause severe discomfort if ingested; the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clear pink petals surround a greenish-yellow centre, forming very pretty flowers, which appear in loose cymes from late winter. If left undisturbed in the border, the evergreen foliage will form dense, slowly expanding clumps that will carpet the ground. An excellent choice for partial shade.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant