Helleborus × hybridus 'Double Ellen Picotee'
hellebore Double Ellen Picotee
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to April
- Flower colour: mainly white
- Other features: all parts of the plant cause severe discomfort if ingested; the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Each creamy white petal is variably spotted, and edged with a deep plum-pink, thus creating delightful bi-coloured flowers, which appear in loose cymes. If left undisturbed in the border, the evergreen foliage will form dense, slowly expanding clumps.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.