Hebe 'Mrs Winder'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor or moderately fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August and September
- Flower colour: violet-blue
- Other features: dark green leaves, red-purple when young
- Hardiness: frost hardy
In late summer, violet-blue flowers appear on purplish-brown shoots above the attractive foliage. The green leaves are tinged with red and purple when young, and have prominent, brown-purple midribs. This medium sized, rounded shrub is ideal for a well-drained border in sun or part shade. It's particularly suitable for urban or coastal gardens since it tolerates urban pollution and salt-laden air.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring.
Early-summer- flowering shrubs can be pruned this month to keep them vigorous and flowering well. It is also the ideal time to prune several trees that are prone to bleeding if pruned at other times, and it’s not too late...Read full article