Hebe 'Heartbreaker' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well drained and fertile
- Flowering period: June - August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need protection in colder winters)
Recently introduced to the commercial market, this is a wonderful, evergreen shrub that will put on a colourful display throughout the year. The slender, cream-edged, green leaves form neat mounds, and look very pretty throuhghout the spring and summer. When the temperatures drop they take on a vivid pink flush, which lasts until the spring. It is mainly grown for this decorative foliage, but in summer it also produces clusters of mauve-coloured flowers. Its compact, rounded habit makes it ideal for and ideal specimen for a pot, but it also looks sensational towards the front of the border.
- Garden care:Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring. Protect from severe winter weather.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Early-summer- flowering shrubs can be pruned this month to keep them vigorous and flowering well. It is also the ideal time to prune several trees that are prone to bleeding if pruned at other times, and it’s not too late to complete the pruning jobs forRead full article