Gourmet Selection 2
vegetable plug plant collection
Get your tastebuds zinging with new flavours, whether it's sweet, crunchy mangetout, courgette flowers (and fruit, of course) or borlotti beans so extravagantly marked they look like an accident in a paint factory. Enjoy!
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender
A hand picked selection from our vegetable guru. Delicious and decorative.
Suitable for filling a well prepared vegetable patch aproximately 8m².
The collection will be made up from the following -
- 5 x climbing bean 'Polestar' - an early to medium variety, which keeps on producing high yields throughout the summer.
- 5 x mange tout 'Delikette' - a round-podded, stringless snow pea with a very sweet flavour. It is a heavy cropper and is delicious when eaten raw, or lightly steamed.
- 5 x barlotti beans 'Borlotto Suprema' - this beautiful, dwarf variety produces highly attractive red-flecked beans, with a delicious flavour, which can be eaten fresh or dried.
- 3 x courgette 'Ambassador' - an outstanding courgette that is a pleaseure to grow and produces really high yields.
- 10 x garden peas 'Twinkle' - an early variety of tasty peas, which is produces bumper crops. Great disease resistance.
- 4 x chilli pepper 'Padron' - a mid to early season chilli with a mild flavour. They form on a medium sized, bushy plant that will thrive in a big container. The medium to long, flat, conical lightgreen fruits, turn red when ripe.
- 10 x beetroot 'Bolthardy' - Beetroot makes a really worthwhile autumn crop and this variety is one of the best. Pull them young as baby beets.
- 10 x spinach - 'Perpetual' - succulent, prolific and very hardy, this spinach will hardly ever run to seed in its first season.
- 3 x pumpkin 'Atlantic Giant' - a very large exhibition pumpkin, perfectly suited for Halloween.
Please note: The contents of this pack may vary slightly depending upon the season.
- Garden care: Plant them out as soon as they arrive in a sunny spot. Make sure they are kept well watered and feed with a liquid fertiliser that is high in potash throughout the growing season. You may need to provide growing supports for the taller plants.