- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need some winter protection)
Several of the white petals that make up each flower have a distinctive cerise mark, which creates a pretty bi-coloured effect. Softer than the more formal gladioli, this pretty perennial looks very effective when threaded through a perennial border.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10cm deep and 10 - 15cm apart, on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown, dip the corms in fungicide and store in a dry, frost-free place over winter.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.