Gladiolus mixed colours
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Other Features: excellent as cut flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy
- Bulb Size: 8-10cm
This is a mixture of the best large flowering gladioli, ranging in colour from white through to startling red. The flowers are produced from July to September and make excellent cut-flowers. They look stunning planted in groups among shrubs and large herbaceous flowers in a border.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10-16cm (4-6in) deep in spring, on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown, dip the corms in fungicide and store in a dry, frost-free place over winter.