Gladiolus mixed colours
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Other Features: excellent as cut flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy
- Bulb Size: 8-10cm
This is a mixture of the best large flowering gladioli, ranging in colour from white through to startling red. The flowers are produced from July to September and make excellent cut-flowers. They look stunning planted in groups among shrubs and large herbaceous flowers in a border.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10-16cm (4-6in) deep in spring, on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown, dip the corms in fungicide and store in a dry, frost-free place over winter.
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article