Geranium pratense 'Black Beauty' ('Nodbeauty') (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Softly hairy red stems carry deeply lobed leaves that have have a dark reddish-purple flush. These offer a superb backdrop for the lilac-blue, saucer-shaped flowers, which appear in early summer. An undemanding and ornamental perennial.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.