- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, alkaline soil. It also tolerates boggy conditions
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Other features: leaves are strongly veined and are downy-white beneath
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clumps of dark green, fern-like foliage appear in spring, and then from early summer, slender branching stems rise above bearing clusters of pinkish-red buds which open to fluffy-looking white (occasionally red-flushed) flowers. More tolerant of drier conditions than many of the other Filipendulas, this one will be happiest in alkaline soils.
- Garden care: If you dont want it to naturalise then remove the faded flowers before they set seed. Apply a generous layer of mulch in spring.
There are currently no articles for this item.