Eryngium × zabelii 'Jos Eijking' (PBR)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Flower colour: steely blue
- Other features: superb foliage
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This delightful sea holly has long lasting, bright metallic-blue flowers that arrive in mid to late summer and usually last well into the autumn. They have a strong architectural shape, so are best in uncrowded borders where they can really stand out on their own. Honey bees love their flowers so they are a perfect for adding to a sunny, wildlife-friendly garden.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large colonies in spring. Avoid the temptation to cut back the flowerheads in autumn as they provide interest in the winter garden.
There are currently no articles for this item.