hen and chicks succulent
20% off House plants
- Standard £4.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flower: spring/summer
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A striking succulent with silver/grey foliage that almost appears white, grows into a beautifully formed rosette. In brighter light the colour intensives. Each spoonshaped, curved fleshy leaf with it's pointed tip is arranged symmetrically to form this exquisite rosebud rosette. Although slow growing it is worth the wait. Then if you are lucky in the warmer months it may produce short stemmed reddish/pink flowers.
- Home care: Needs very little care, except that the leaves are so need to be handled with care. Water sparingly when required avoiding the actual rosette of leaves, and keep in an even warm enviroment. As an added bonus, this plant often produces small baby plants or 'chicks', hence the common name 'hen and 'chicks' at the base of the main rosette of leaves. Cut these off and pop them into some cactus potting compost to give to all your friends!