- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to June
- Flower colour: ivory-white
- Other features: aromatic bark
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Loose clusters of jasmine-scented, ivory-white flowers from April to June and lance-shaped, leathery, dark green leaves. This vigorous, upright, evergreen shrub or tree is ideal for a large shrub border or woodland garden. To thrive it requires shelter from cold, drying winds and fertile, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Garden care: Remove any dead, diseased or damaged growth in spring. After pruning apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.