angels fishing rod
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flower Colour: deep wine-red
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
A distinctive-looking perennial with slender, arching stems carrying sprays of bell-shaped, deep wine-red flowers, which dangle above clumps of grass-like, evergreen leaves in mid-to-late summer. The stems look delicate, but are actually very tough and appear to tremble in the breeze. Angel's fishing rod is perfect for introducing movement to a well-drained border in a sunny, sheltered site, orfor overhanging water. Initially slow to establish, it looks particularly good with early autumn-flowering ornamental grasses and gravel gardens.
- Garden care: Water freely during the growing season, but avoid excessive winter wet. Cut away old foliage in early spring and if necessary lift and divide congested colonies at the same time.
There are currently no articles for this item.