Dierama pulcherrimum 'Blackbird'
angels fishing rod
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flower Colour: deep plum-purple
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Forming in pendulous panicles along the thin stems, which become gently bowed under their weight, the dark purple-plum flowers of this angel’s fishing rod look superb when planted alongside late flowering ornamental grasses.
- Garden care: Water freely during the growing season, but avoid excessive winter wet. Cut away old foliage in early spring and if necessary lift and divide congested colonies at the same time.
There are currently no articles for this item.