- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich rich, preferably neutral to slightly alkaline
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This vibrant, compact variety of bleeding heart produces a profusion of deep crimson, heart-shaped flowers from late spring to early summer above feathery, grey-green leaves. The flowers can grow up to 2.5cm long and dangle enticingly from the arching stems. Easy to grow, it looks fabulous planted in groups towards the front of a shady border. As long as the ground is kept moist it will thrive in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in late autumn when the leaves have died down, or in early spring before the new growth appears, taking care not to damage the fragile roots.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy
There are currently no articles for this item.