- Position: full sun
- Soil: any fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: white or blush pink
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: To encourage a bushy habit tip-prune young plants, either by pinching off the tips of soft shoots or by reducing long leading or lateral shoots by a third. Immediately after flowering, cut back the stems that have flowered to one or two healthy buds.
Clusters of pink-flushed or white flowers weight down the branches of this deciduous shrub throughout summer, filling the surrounding air with their delicious vanilla-like scent. An elegant addition to a sunny shrub border.