Deutzia × hybrida Mont Rose
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any fertile, well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense clusters of star shaped, rose pink flowers and slender, dark green leaves. This elegant, summer flowering shrub is an excellent specimen plant for smaller gardens. Although best in full sun it tolerates light shade and alkaline soil.
- Garden care: To encourage a bushy habit tip-prune young plants, either by pinching off the tips of soft shoots or by reducing long leading or lateral shoots by a third. Immediately after flowering, cut back the stems that have flowered to one or two healthy buds.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Deutzia x hybrida Mont Rose:
Never tried one of these plants before. Bought late June 2016 planted near front of a sunny border which has mixture of shrubs and hardy perennials. Grew easily and seems set to flower well this summer.
- Your Gardening Experience:
Many of the earlier-flowering summer shrubs make good partners for shrub roses. They tend to be in the same colour range: sometimes flowering just before and sometimes with the main flush, but often fragrantly. Abelia, Deutzias and Kolkwitzias fall into tRead full article
Summer-flowering shrubs often pre-empt and overlap old-fashioned roses, yet their multi-headed small flowers complement rather than upstage them. Deutzias, shrubs found naturally in the Himalayas and south-east Asia, need fertile soil so often do well neaRead full article