Deschampsia cespitosa 'Goldschleier'
tufted hair grass
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: dry to moist, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: bright silvery yellow
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A beautiful tuft-forming, evergreen grass that will help add structure and movement to the border. In summer the dark green leaves are topped with airy flower spikelets that turn a bright silvery yellow as they age. This airy grass looks lovely in a mixed border where it will waft hazily in the breeze. Relatively compact and easy-to-grow, it will flourish in neutral to acidic soil.
- Garden care: Remove the faded flower-heads in late winter before new growth appears. In warm areas the plant has a tendency to self-seed freely. Where this is the case remove unwanted seedlings as part of routine border maintenance.
There are currently no articles for this item.