Daphne burkwoodii 'Somerset'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: May
- Flower colour: purple-pink
- Other features: all parts of the plant including the seed are highly toxic if ingested; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation; the flowers are followed by blackish-purple fruit
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of sweetly scented, purple-pink flowers with light pink lobes and narrow, mid-green leaves. This vase-shaped, semi-evergreen, May-flowering shrub is particularly suitable where border space is limited. Given an open, sunny site with well-drained, humus-rich soil, it will also occasionally flower in autumn.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is very susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering lightly trim back to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin irritant
There are currently no articles for this item.