Crocosmia × crocosmiiflora 'George Davison'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: July and August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
One of the earliest montbretias into bloom each year, this cultivar produces arched branching stems of large, pale yellow flowers, which are flushed with orange above strap-shaped green leaves in summer.
- Garden care: Plant the corms (bulbs) in spring approximately 8-10cm deep and 10-15cm apart. Resist removing the faded foliage in autumn and cover the crown of the plant with bracken or bark chips to protect the plant against frost damage. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring, planting the divided sections 8-10cm (3-4in) deep.