- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil, humus-rich acid soil
- Rate of growth: initially slow-growing
- Flowering period: May to August
- Flower colour: crimson to deep carmine-pink
- Other features: toothed, dark green leaves
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
A beautiful, ornamental, evergreen shrub or small tree named after the lantern-shaped, crimson to deep carmine-pink flowers, suspended from the undersides of its branches from May to August. This award-winning lantern tree is perfect for a partially shady woodland garden with humus-rich acid soil. Initially slow-growing, in cold areas it's best grown in a cool greenhouse or conservatory to minimise the risk of frost damage to the young flower buds.
- Garden care: After flowering lightly cut back any shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.