Credit Crunchy Vegetable Collection
vegetable plug plant collection
We're all watching the pennies at the moment and growing your own food is one of the tastiest – and healthiest – ways to cut the budget. These traditional favourites should mean your veg-buying days are numbered.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender
This collection offers great value for money. It contains most of the mainstays in the vege garden, and they come in large numbers so you will have plenty of produce throughout the summer and autumn. Perfect if you are feeling adventurous as, like a lucky dip, the final selection of what goes into making up each collection will vary. This does not mean we will fob you off with any old rubbish - they will all be great quality, top notch varieties.
Suitable for filling a well prepared vegetable patch aproximately 3m².
The Credit crunchy vegetable collection will be made up from the following -
- 10 x cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli (mixed) - a great combination of goodies. An example of what you might get include; 3 x cauliflower 'Avisor' - a summer cauliflower fresh tasting, crisp white curd. Extremely versatile, with high resistance to cold and disease. 3 x cabbage 'Duchy' - a sweetheart cabbage with a sweet taste and 4 x broccoli 'Red Early' - a unique variety, as it does not need winter weather to initiate flowering. Produces succulent stems throughout thesummer months.
- 10 x lettuce (mixed) You will receive a selection of lettuce which may be made up as follows. 3 x 'Cancan' - a delicious cut and come again lettuce. 3 x 'Pearl' - a little gem lettuce with a delicious, sweet taste.4 x 'Rushmoor' - a red salad, with stunning oak-shaped, deep red leaves.
- 20 x leek 'Krypton' - a hybrid leek ideally suited to summer harvest.
- 20 x onoins 'Hypark' - a very early, large white cooking onion variety.
- 1 x pack of carrot 'Nante' seeds - a traditional carrot originating from Venice. It has a lovely, sweet flavour and is very rich in vitamin C.
- 10 x rocket 'Sky Rocket' - a vigorous plant that has an upright habit. It has a delicious, peppery flavour and is slow to bolt and resistant to mildew.
Please note: The contents of this pack may vary slightly depending upon the season.
- Garden care: Plant them out as soon as they arrive in a sunny spot. Make sure they are kept well watered and feed with a liquid fertiliser that is high in potash throughout the growing season. You may need to provide growing supports for the taller plants.
View Planting Plan
Do you want to ask a question about this?If so, click on the button and fill in the box below. We will post the question on the website, together with your alias (bunnykins, digger1, plantdotty etc etc) and where you are from (Sunningdale/Glasgow etc). We'll also post the answer to your question!
Q:Can I mix the kitchen garden collection?
I would like to order one of these collections, but do not want the tomatoes. Could you substitute these for something else - chard for instance?Asked on 3/18/2008 by Barbara Thompson
A:I'm afraid that as these collections come direct from our specialist growers, we are not able to offer any substitutes. I'm sorry if this causes any disappointment.Answered on 3/18/2008 by Crocus