Cobaea scandens f.alba
cup and saucer plant
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: white fading to cream
- Other features: mounds of rich-green leaves
- Hardiness: tender
- Garden care: Sow the seeds vertically, 1cm deep in deep pots using freely-draining compost and water well. Keep them warm under glass (ideally at 18°C) and pot on when large enough to handle. Harden off gradually and plant outside after all risk of frost has passed. Plants can be overwintered under glass, but are mainly grown as annuals in the UK.
- Sow: February-May
- Flowering: July-October
- Approximate quantity: 15 seeds.
This fast growing, evergreen perennial climber will quickly cover a sunny wall, arch or obelisk and produce large, sweetly-scented flowers from midsummer to the first frosts. A rarer form of Cobaea, the white bell-shaped flowers add an exotic touch to a summer planting scheme. Plant it near a window or busy pathway to enjoy the perfume.
There are currently no articles for this item.