- Position: full sun
- Soil: deep, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Ultimate size on Colt rootstock: 6 x 6m (20x20ft)
- Ultimate size on Gisela 5 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10x10ft)
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The deciduous tree is grown for its superb large, dark red acid cherries that are ideal for cooking. It has a compact but spreading habit, small white flowers in spring and bitter-sweet fruit August which are perfect for stewing. A popular, self-fertile cherry that can tolerate heavy soil.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in summer to reduce the risk of silver leaf and bacterial canker.
There are currently no articles for this item.