- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Flower colour: creamy white
- Other features: excellent for dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Big, blowsy heads of elegant flowers are the star feature of this plant. They emerge above mounds of dark green fern-like, semi-evergreen foliage in mid summer and last well into autumn. These gorgeous flowers act as a beacon to beneficial insects and are great in cut or dried flower arrangements. Very popular with all the top designers now, this relatively new introduction to the UK is bang on trend.
- Garden Care: Apply a generous mulch around the base of the plant in autumn and snip off the flowerheads before they set seed if you dont want more plants in spring.
Everyone's in love with frothy planting these days, light and airy concoctions that seem to float through the border like a soft summer breeze. Many of these gauzy beauties are umbellifers, members of the cow parsley tribe. They are blessed with tiny floRead full article
At some stage in June, your garden will be a glorious affair full of scent and soft flower. Placing a posy from the garden, close to a family hub like the kitchen table, unites your home and garden as effectively as having a huge picture window. You don’tRead full article