Campanula glomerata 'Superba'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense heads of large, rich purple, bell-shaped flowers appear from June to August and on tall stems with rosettes of oval, mid-green leaves. This beautiful bellflower is perfect for a sunny, cottage-style or herbaceous border and is equally happy in partial shade.
- Garden care: Avoid planting out seedlings until all threat of frost has passed. During the growing season water freely and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back after flowering both to prevent self-seeding and to encourage a second flush of flowers.
Many gardeners who are happy, even gung-ho, with the secateurs when pruning shrubs and climbers are surprisingly reluctant to take the shears to herbaceous perennials. Maybe this is because it just doesn't seem quite right to be cutting back all that newRead full article