orange ball tree
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well drained chalky soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: frost hardy
Small, tubular flowers form in tightly-packed, rounded clusters at the ends of the stiff branches in early summer. Benefiting from the protection of a South-facing wall, this large rounded shrub may keep some of its leaves in milder winters.
- Garden care: In late winter remove dead and weak shoots, reduce straggly stems by about a third and cut back branches that are flowering too high up.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant