greater quaking grass
- Position: full sun
- Soil: any well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to August
- Flower colour: green becoming straw-coloured when ripe
- Other features: the dried flower heads are useful for flower- arrangements; pale green leaves becoming straw-coloured
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Graceful, green locket-shaped flowers, tinged reddish-brown or purplish-grey, turning straw-coloured when ripe. This lovely annual ornamental grass is perfect for a sunny, well-drained border or wildflower garden where the lockets will rustle and shimmer in the slightest breeze. Originating from the Mediterranean it is larger and coarser than its perennial cousin, and given the right conditions it can self-seed prolifically. The flowers are great for adding to naturalised dried flower arrangements.
- Garden care: Easy to care for in a sunny spot with well drained soil, resist tidying them up in autumn as their seed-heads are highly decorative.
There are currently no articles for this item.