- Position: partial shade in summer
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: magenta pink
- Hardiness: half hardy
A lovely half-hardy orchid, with long linear leaves and sprays of magenta pink flowers from June to July. It is perfect for planting in a sheltered woodland garden where it will receive some shade during the summer months. Alternatively, it looks brilliant when planted up into a pot where it will brighten up a shady part of the patio.
- Garden care:Plant bulbs 2cm deep and 15 - 20cm apart in a partially shaded position. In mild areas apply a generous layer of dry mulch in autumn to provide insulation. Alternatively, lift the bulb in autumn and store it in a dry, frost-free place. Bletillas grown in pots should be moved to a conservatory or unheated greenhouse during winter. They should be kept dry during their winter dormancy.
There are currently no articles for this item.