- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Branching plumes of tiny, creamy-white flowers appear in June and July above the deeply cut, green foliage. Emerging in spring with a bronze flush the foliage will turn buttery yellow in autumn before it dies back. This is a slowly spreading perennial, which will gradually form dense clumps, so it makes a very effective groundcover for moist, shady beds. For the best results chose a spot that remains reliably moist over summer.
- Garden care: Cut back the flowered stems back hard to just above ground-level in autumn and apply a generous mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.