apple Tickled Pink ('Baya Marisa')
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Ultimate size on M26 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10 x 10ft)
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: C - flowering mid-late season
Suitable for both eating and cooking, this new apple variety has a red skin an attractive reddish-pink flesh. It has a crisp texture with a good flavour balance between sweet and acid and a mild aroma. Good for producing red juice, making colourful apple chips or adding a touch of colour to tarts and salads.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells. Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season.
- Pollination Information: This apple belongs to pollination group C, so you will need to plant one other different variety of apple to guarantee cross pollination, and a subsequent bumper crop. Ideally this should come from the same pollination group, however it is possible to use one from group B or D as well.