apple 'Red Falstaff / Scrumptious'
duo cordon apple
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Ultimate size on M9 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10 x 10ft)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: delicious dessert apples
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: B & C - flowering mid and late season
- Root Stock: Qunice 'A'
A duo cordon will have two different varieties of apples grafted (one on top of the other) onto a single rootstock. Both of these are compatable pollinating partners, so there is no need to plant another apple tree nearby - ideal in smaller gardens! This tree has been grafted with the following varieties -
'Falstaff' - masses of pure white, cup-shaped flowers in mid and late spring, followed by crisp, juicy, red-flushed, dessert apples which should be harvested in October. The fruits store well until the following March.
'Scrumptious' - a self- fertile apple producing sweet, crisp and aromatic fruits that will b ready to eat in September. Very popular with children, it also has a good resistance to many of the common diseases.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells. Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season.
- Pollination Information: As these trees are made up of several different varieties that can cross pollinate freely, you will not need another pollinating partner.
There are currently no articles for this item.